Every young city has challenges


I know, I know.

I am always talking about how amazing and beautiful Brasília is.
But I would never ever fool you, guys.
We got issues over here, too.

As in any other Brazilian city, Brasília faces challenges such as the lack of infrastructure and services. 

If you already have taken a tour across the city you may have noticed that many of our most important postcards have been conspicuously neglected.

What a shame.

I myself feel embarrassed when I spot the peeling paint in the Cathedral, one of the finest monuments designed by Niemeyer.

I cannot help looking away from the National Theater looking dirty from outside. If you had only known its golden age!

In contrast with the antiseptic blocks and the overly planned streets, one comes across with broken sidewalks, cluttered waste bins, filthy and stink underground passageways... 

Well, what else can I say?
How would dare to argue after all that evidence?
Should I look to my neighbor's grass?

I'm afraid it ain't be any better.

Rio stinks, too.
São Paulo is a chaos.
In Fortaleza, watch out!

But so what? Needless to say, they are cities to fall in love with.

One way to deal with the situation - and to try to improve it - is by denouncing it. And when it comes to Brasília, art expression is our best weapon.

At least this was the way out the photographer Sérgio Costa Vincent thought to be more suitable.

The idea was born when Costa Vincent wanted to take some pictures at the National Theater just to find drug addicted and debris. He immediately noticed the same scenario again on another short trips he took in the city.

He decided to take a series of pictures in the abandoned buildings and places around Brasília to report the situation of a decaying capital. He sought out local friends and artists of varying ages and body types to take part in the project posing naked as to expose the fragility of the Abandoned places.

If you would like a closer look, the series is being exhibited at the Café Savana through August 30, 2015.

Service


Abandonados
Happening now – 30th August
Café Savana, 116 norte, Bloco A
Opening hours: 11:30 am – 1:00 am
http://www.cafesavana.com.br/









0 comentário(s)